Whether you are looking to store a new automobile, a classic hot-rod, a motorcycle, boat, personal watercraft, fifth-wheel, or full-size motor-home, metal garages from Buck Steel offer the perfect storage solution to protect your investment from both mother-nature and theft.
Buck Steel metal garage buildings are also the perfect solution for woodworking, metalworking, and automobile enthusiasts who benefit from both the clearspan nature of metal garages, as well as the extra usable height that a commercial pre-engineered garage provides.
Don't forget to consider the cost of maintenance over time, when comparing the price of a metal garage building to traditional construction methods. Buck Steel garages require very little in the way of regular maintenance and are not affected by rot from water infiltration, inevitable deterioration of wood posts placed in/on concrete, damage from insects and rodents, or destruction from fire, as wood-framed buildings are.
Our Metal Garages are Commercial-Grade
- 26GA PBR roof panels area available in standard Galvalume or a wide variety of optional colors
- 26GA PBR wall panels have a soliconized polyester finish which can withstand decades of exposure to the harshest of climates
- Roof and wall PBR panels have a minimum 70ksi tensile strength with an extra long leg to help provide a solid leak-proof seal
- Mainframes, vertical columns, and rafters are constructed from 1/4" plate steel to form 'H' or 'I' beams
- Base and connection plates pre-welded and punched for easy assembly
- Each individual component is pre-cut, pre-drilled, and numbered/identified for easy identification during assembly
- The die-formed ridge cap has the same profile as the PBR roof panel to provide a weather-tight seal
- All connection bolts are A-325 or stronger and zinc plated for maximum strength
- Sheeting screws are self-drilling, long life fasteners with pre-applied neoprene washers to help provide a weather-tight seal
- Closed cell, high density foam closure strips on the base, eave and rake provide a weather-tight seal
Commercial Quality with Residential Looks
If you are considering a metal or steel garage kit for use on the same property as your home, we understand that looks matter. Your metal building doesn't have to look like a commercial warehouse in your backyard! There are a large number of options available to help make a metal garage kit look more appropriate in a residential setting: standing seam roof options, roof pitches of 4:12 and higher, roof extensions, wainscoting, - just to name a few.
Metal Garage Photo Gallery
NOTE: The pictures below may include customer modifications and/or accessories not provided by Buck Steel.
All images on our site are copyrighted and we will vigorously pursue any unauthorized use.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the total cost of a project?
Metal garage kit prices, sales, and specials are easily found on the internet. However, it's important to keep in mind that the cost of the materials is only a portion of the total project cost. In fact, for many projects, the cost of the metal garage itself, is the smallest cost associated with the project.
What kind of foundation is needed for a metal garage?
Commercial-grade, red-iron, steel buildings require large piers to be poured under each of the columns of the building. The size of the piers and other specifics regarding the foundation are determined by a licensed structural engineer and are based on the building engineering, local building codes, and multitude of other factors. Read out blog article titled Understanding Steel Building Foundations (Part 1) for more information.
What are the color options?
Wall panels, roof panels, as well as our standard commercial rollup doors all have a wide variety of color options which we have worked very hard to accurately represent on our Color Options page. Confused about what colors match and how colors look together? Our Colorizer Pro™ color selection tool is one of the best in the industry and allows you to experiment with different color combinations right on your phone, tablet, or computer!
What is the typical delivery time?
Due to current Covid-related supply chain issues, there is currently a shortage of raw materials affecting our industry. As a result, delivery time for most production orders is in the 15-17 week range. If your project requires permitting, additional time needs to be allowed to obtain permit plans, submit them to your building department and have them approved BEFORE fabrication of your project begins.