Whether you are looking to store a new automobile, a classic hot-rod, a motorcycle, boat, personal watercraft, fifth-wheel, or full-size motor-home, metal garages from Buck Steel offer the perfect storage solution to protect your investment from both mother-nature and theft.
Metal garages from Buck Steel are also the perfect solution for woodworking, metalworking, and automobile enthusiasts who benefit from both the clearspan nature of commercial red-iron buildings, as well as the extra usable height that a commercial pre-engineered garage provides.
Don't forget to consider the cost of maintenance over time, when comparing the price of a steel garage building to traditional construction methods. A Buck Steel garage requires very little in the way of regular maintenance and are not affected by rot from water infiltration, inevitable deterioration of wood posts placed in/on concrete, damage from insects and rodents, or destruction from fire, as wood-framed buildings are.
Our Metal Garages are Commercial-Grade
- 26GA PBR roof panels area available in standard Galvalume or a wide variety of optional colors
- 26GA PBR wall panels have a soliconized polyester finish which can withstand decades of exposure to the harshest of climates
- Roof and wall PBR panels have a minimum 70ksi tensile strength with an extra long leg to help provide a solid leak-proof seal
- Mainframes, vertical columns, and rafters are constructed from 1/4" plate steel to form 'H' or 'I' beams
- Each individual component is pre-cut, pre-drilled, and numbered/identified for easy identification during assembly
- The die-formed ridge cap has the same profile as the PBR roof panel to provide a weather-tight seal
- All connection bolts are A-325 or stronger and zinc plated for maximum strength
- Sheeting screws are self-drilling, long life fasteners with pre-applied neoprene washers to help provide a weather-tight seal
- Closed cell, high density foam closure strips on the base, eave and rake provide a weather-tight seal
Commercial Quality with Residential Looks
If you are considering metal garages or a steel garage kit for use on the same property as your home, we understand that looks matter. Your metal building doesn't have to look like a commercial warehouse in your backyard!
There are a large number of options available to help make metal garages look more appropriate in a residential setting: standing seam roof options, roof pitches of 4:12 and higher, color roof panels, roof extensions with matching soffit, and wainscoting - just to name a few.
Frequently Asked Metal Garage Questions
What is happening to the price of steel?
Please review our Facebook posts below for links to articles addressing the ongoing steel shortage, supply chain issues, and their effect on prices.
Does Buck Steel sell buildings that can be used as a house?
No, we do not get involved with projects where the intended use of the building is a "house" or "barndominium". Please do not call us regarding "barndominium" type projects as we will be unable to assist you.
What kind of foundation is needed for most metal garages?
Commercial-grade, red-iron, metal garages require large piers to be poured under each of the columns of the building. The size of the piers and other specifics regarding the foundation are determined by a licensed structural engineer and are based on the building engineering, local building codes, and multitude of other factors. Visit our Metal Building Foundations page or read our blog article Understanding Steel Building Foundations for more foundation information.
What metal garage color options are available?
Wall panels, roof panels, and most trim, as well as standard commercial rollup doors, all have a wide variety of color options which we have worked very hard to accurately represent on our Color Options page.
Please note that the colors listed on our website are for reference only and might vary from actual colors depending on your computer monitor, phone, tablet, lighting and other factors. We always recommend final building colors be selected from a printed color chart or color chips, both available upon request.
What is the total cost of a metal building project?
Our internet specials are real buildings that are priced as complete metal building kits in an effort to provide a accurate estimate of building/materials cost. However, it's important to keep in mind that the cost of materials is only a portion of the total project cost. In fact, for many projects, the cost of the metal building itself, is the smallest cost associated with the project.